Safety Guidelines During COVID-19
– If you feel sick, do not come to a My Extended Family event, trip or club night event until you are sure you are feeling better and all of your symptoms have completely subsided. If a member of your household is displaying symptoms, please do not come to any My Extended Family event. If any individual tests positive for COVID- 19, they may not partake in any activities/ events/ trips and they will need to be re-tested with a negative result in order to be able to partake in My Extended Family events/activities trips. Please contact My Extended Family administrators for further guidance.
– If a family member of someone entering a My Extended Family event, trip, activity trip tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the activity/ event/ trip, that individual will be required to be tested for COVID-19 and will only be allowed to attend if a negative test result is the outcome.
– Before entering all My Extended Family venues, a staff member will check everybody’s temperature, including staff. If someone is found to have a fever, they will be sent home immediately and not permitted to enter the building.
– All staff/ volunteers; Program Directors, Coordinators, Big Brothers/ Sisters, Clinicians, Interns, parents and all children attending club night activities are required to wear face masks or other compliant face coverings upon entering and exiting the building and in all common areas within the building. This includes lobby, stairwells, elevators, hallways, and kitchenettes,and any other area.
-Parents dropping off and picking up children from club night will not be allowed into the building. Staff will be stationed outside to take temperatures of the children and to answer any questions parents may have,will call the office to sign them out and will meet them at the door.
– There should not exceed more than 2 persons in the elevator/ restroom at any given time.
– Proper hand washing (lasting minimum of 20 seconds with soap) and hygiene practices are essential and must be practiced at all times. Please make sure to keep the restrooms clean after use.
– All My Extended Family staff are required to practice social distancing while working events, trips, club nights and in the office. Please do not sit or stand less than six feet away from another person. Please coordinate with your branch managers and coworkers to arrange a schedule that can allow for proper social distancing during work hours.
– If possible My Extended Family staff should only utilize their own personal space, maintaining a safe distance from others, even while using electronic devices.
– Communal spaces such as, hallways, stairwells, etc. are not gathering spaces and should not be used as such.
– Surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
– Individuals will use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving a room.
– Hand sanitizer will be located at entryways/exit of each room.
We thank you for your cooperation and for your commitment to My Extended Family while we navigate the current circumstances.
Wishing you and your families the best of health.